EUV and KrF materials will continue growing through 2025 given continued ramping of leading-edge devices
San Diego, CA, June 8, 2021: TECHCET—the electronic materials advisory firm providing business and technology information— announced 2021 resist revenues are forecasted to grow 6%+ to $1.98B USD and to continue expanding to $2.37B in 2025. Market dynamics will continue to drive photoresist material revenues upward due to high chip demand and low chip supply.
- to increase ~90% to $51M for 2021
- volumes nearly doubled from 18 Kliters in 2020 to 35 Kliters in 2021.
- Revenues 53% CAGR 2020-2025
- Driven by leading edge logic and DRAM <5nm
- 2021 KrF driven by 3D NAND
- revenues to and volumes to increase to ~12% in 2021
- I and g-line: up 2-3% for 2021
With the expansion in 3DNAND and logic production over the next 3-5 years, so will the use of photoresist thinner and EBRs which heavily rely on propylene glycol methyl ether acetate (PGMEA), the predominant casting solvent.
Technology trends to watch:
- EUV lithography is in high volume production (HVM) at TSMC and Samsung logic fabs. Intel is expected to start production with EUV in 2021, which will drive EUV ancillaries and photoresist volumes.
- Samsung Electronics is planning mass production of D1z process DRAM using EUV lithography.
- 3D NAND device sales growth and node changes, creating more exposure levels, will drive increases in KrF resist usage, specifically for the thicker formulations, in the ~20% range 2022-2025.
- Directed Self Assembly (DSA) has been demonstrating promising results ; lower defectivity and applicability to lithography pattern repair. This technology is making the sort of progress that portends a future applicability to high volume chip manufacturing.
- Nanoimprint (Canon) has shown improved defectivity and overlay capability and is being yield tested for use in production of 3D NAND memory.
Critical Materials Reports™ and Market Briefings: https://techcet.com/product/photoresists-and-photoresist-ancillaries/
ABOUT TECHCET: TECHCET CA LLC is an advisory services firm focused on process materials supply-chains, electronic materials business, and materials market analysis for the semiconductor, display, solar/PV, and LED industries. Since 2000, the company has been responsible for producing the Critical Material Reports™, covering silicon wafers, semiconductor gases, wet chemicals, CMP consumables, Photoresists, and ALD/CVD Precursors. The Critical Materials Council (CMC) of semiconductor fabricators is a business service offered by TECHCET, and includes materials supplier Associate Members. For additional information about reports, market briefings, CMC membership, or custom consulting please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-480-332-8336, or go to www.techcet.com or www.cmcfabs.org.